Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission
永乐国际The IASPEI "Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission" was proposed during a Seismology Symposium held in Lima, Peru, in September 2012, and was formally approved by the IASPEI Council in its General Assembly held in Gothenburg in July 2013.
The LACSC mission is to promote the science of Seismology in Latin America and Caribbean by encouraging research studies, by extending and enhancing scientific co-operation and by facilitating training of young scientists. The organization of the biannual IASPEI Regional Assembly is one of its main tasks.
- Executive Committee (2018-2020)
- President: Mario Ruiz (Ecuador)
- Vice-President: Marino Protti (Costa Rica)
- Past-President: Victor Huérfano (Puerto Rico)
- Executive Secretary: Marcelo Assumpção (Brazil)
Additional members of the LACSC Executive Committee
- Sergio Barrientos (Chile)
- Franck Audemard (Venezuela)
- Eduardo Camacho (Panama)
- Xyoli Pérez-Campos (Mexico)
- Lloyd Lynch (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Patricia Alvarado (Argentina)
- Leandro Rodríguez (Peru, CERESIS)
- Johannes Schweitzer (IASPEI)
- Bogotá, Colombia, 23-25 July 2014. Final Report.
- San José, Costa Rica, 2016. Final Report.
- Miami, USA, 14-17 May 2018, "Seismology of the Americas" (joint with SSA). More information at:
- Quito, Ecuador, 2018 (details to follow)